On 5/2/2010 3:58 PM, Robert Kern wrote:
Well, I think we can change zeros_like() and the rest to work around
this issue. Can you bring it up on the numpy mailing list?

def zeros_like(a):
if isinstance(a, ndarray):
res = numpy.empty(a.shape, a.dtype, order=a.flags.fnc)
res.fill(0)
res = res.view(type(a))
return res

I'm having difficulty posting to the NumPy list (both via gmane and email) so I'm just going to put this here so it doesn't get lost. zeros_like probably needs to call __array_finalize__ for this to work properly (it'll cause a segfault for me otherwise):

     def zeros_like(a):
         if isinstance(a, ndarray):
             res = numpy.zeros(a.shape, a.dtype, order=a.flags.fnc)
             res = res.view(type(a))
             res.__array_finalize__(a)
             return res

- Jim