j vickroy, 11.05.2010 16:46:
> Stefan Behnel wrote:
No, what Hudson actually does, is, it writes your command(s) into a
text file and runs it with the system's shell interpreter (which,
unless otherwise configured, is "cmd.exe" on Windows).

This is not the behavior I am experiencing on my Windows XP Pro (Service
Pack 3) workstation.

Then setting the "Shell executable" to "cmd.exe" will do the right thing here.

This assures the highest
possible compatibility with the executed script. You can even use the
shebang in Hudson's scripts that way, so that you can execute scripts
in basically any scripting language.

... although the shebang isn't really supported by cmd.exe, I guess ...

The likely reason why it doesn't find your test results is that you
didn't tell it where to look.

Actually, Hudson is not finding the tests results because they are not
being generated. There is no "nosetests.xml" file anywhere on my hard
drive

That's why I told you to configure nosetest to use an specific output path for the unit test file.

Thanks again for your continued interest. I quickly got Hudson to
retrieve job source from our subversion repository so I thought it would
be equally easy to get Hudson to run the unit tests, but that has proven
to be difficult, and so far I do not know how to diagnose this since it
seems there is no way to prevent Hudson from immediately deleting the
temporary scripts it generates.

Which is ok, since it prints what it does during the script execution, and the scripts contain nothing more than what you typed in.

Does nosetest produce an XML file when you call it manually from the command line? Is nosetest.exe in your PATH, so that the cmd.exe that Hudson starts can find it?

Personally, I'd always step into the target directory before running a command, so I'd make the script

    cd level-1
    nosetest.exe ...

Stefan