On 11/13/2011 2:08 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
On 11/13/2011 12:46 PM, W. eWatson wrote:
For many months I had sporadically used 2.5.2 under Win 7, then
something went awry. I tried an uninstall/install and it didn't get any
better. I thought I'd take another shot at it today. The uninstall went
OK, but c:\python25 remained with several py files and a folder, Lib. I
went ahead with the install and got a msg that asked if I wanted to
write over the python25 folder.

Uninstall (should) only uninstall files that it installed and
directories that are empty. The 'several py files' should be files that
you or some third-party software installed. I personally put everything
I write under /pythonxy in a subdirectory thereof that install and
uninstall pay no attention to. The Lib directory contains all the
python-coded stdlib modules. Unless you know there is something that you
wrote that you want, I would delete it before re-installing.

I suspect that current installers work a bit better than 2.5. I would
definitely use the latest 2.5.z that comes with an installer and not
2.5.2. They are all the same version of the language. The only
difference is bug fixes.

Thanks to both of you. Deleting python25 folder. Nothing of personal use in it.