On 11/14/2011 8:15 AM, John Gordon wrote:
In<j9rct4$frh$1...@dont-email.me>  "W. eWatson"<wolftra...@invalid.com>  writes:

What application is associated with .py files?

Application? Simple ones, including the one i put here that you
removed to answer my question.

Eh?  I can't see anywhere that you mentioned your Windows settings as
to what application is associated with .py files.

(You mentioned running IDLE, but I don't see that it was given as the
default application for opening .py files.)

I would think the install would make the association of py to Python, either IDLE or the interpreter. If I right-click on a py file, it asks me for "Open with". If I select idle.pyw, it gives me the message I posted earlier.