On 11/17/2011 11:35 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
On 11/17/2011 7:03 PM, W. eWatson wrote:

I have not found any successful way to get to IDLE.

Use the start menu to start IDLE once. Then pin it to your taskbar.
If you do not have STart/ all programs / Python / IDLE, then your
installation is bad.

As for the right click problem, you probably have something screwy in
the registry. The python installer (or uninstaller) will not fix it (my
experience on my old xp machine). You will have to do so manually.

IDLE is a choice on the Start menu (All Programs). Pressing it does nothing. I see nothing that suggests it's open.

The IDLE entry is pointing at c:\Python27\ (shortcut)

A post above yours suggests IDLE is a script, and somehow needs a "boost" to use it. An exe file, apparently. Beats the heck out of me.