On Jul 15, 11:20 pm, Steven D'Aprano <steve
+comp.lang.pyt...@pearwood.info> wrote:

> (It's not like explicit and implicit are distinct -- everything depends
> on something implicit, if only the meaning of the words you use to
> describe it.)
>
> It certainly doesn't mean that the semantics of Python the language must
> be written out explicitly every time you use each feature.

Of course not. Don't be ridiculous.

> for x in sequence: [...]

This syntax is explicit *enough*. We don't need to be any more
explicit.

But if you are going to argue that "if obj" is *explicit enough*, then
apply your argument consistently to "String"+1.75 also. Why must we be
explicit about string conversion BUT not boolean conversion? Can you
reduce this to the absurd? Or will you just choose to ignore this
valid point?