On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 00:21:57 +0200, Hans Mulder wrote:

> On 9/10/12 04:39:28, rusi wrote:
>> On Oct 9, 7:34 am, rusi <rustompm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> How about a 2-paren version?

>>> ['insert', 1, 'insert', 2, 'insert', 3]
>>
>> Or if one prefers the different parens on the other side:

>> ['insert', 1, 'insert', 2, 'insert', 3]
>
> Or, if you don't want to import the operator module:
>
> sum((['insert', a] for a in x), [])

Which is also O(N**2) like the reduce solution above.

That means that it will seem perfectly fine when you test it using a a
hundred or so items, then some day you'll pass it a list with ten million
items and it will take 36 hours to complete.

I'm serious by the way. By my tests, increasing the number of items in
the list by a factor of ten increases the time taken by between 30 and
300 times.

--
Steven