On 14/10/2012 05:23, Vincent Davis wrote:
I am working on a script to find bad image files. I am using PIL
and specifically image.verify() I have a set of known to be bad image files
to test. I also what to be able to test any file for example a .txt and
deal with the exception.
Currently my code is basically

try:
     im = Image.open(ifile)
     try:
         print(im.verify())
     except:
         print('Pil image.verify() failed: ' + afile)
except IOError:
     print('PIL cannot identify image file: ' + afile)
except:
     print(ifile)
     print("Unexpected error doing PIL.Image.open():", sys.exc_info()[0])
     raise

[snip]

Vincent

You've already had some advice so I'll just point out that a bare except is a bad idea as you wouldn't even be able to catch a user interrupt. Try (groan!) catching StandardError instead.

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.