On 12/25/2012 09:41 AM, prilisa...@googlemail.com wrote:
> Hello Steven,
>
> to "learn python" I've bought a book, and it's not a "thin" one :-) it's more
> a 788p. long documentation about python.
>
> BUT!!!!! I have to say: The autor started using the "self." argument at the
> chapter classes. So You've shown me the book descr. non "correct" way. Better
> using this book heating my home?! :-)
>
> Patrick

You still are being imprecise.  You don't give a title or author, and
you refer to the "chapter classes" whatever that is.  Do you mean the
chapter about classes?  If so, that's exactly where 'self' should be
introduced.

How about copying an example function that uses self, that you think is
incorrect ?  If it is incorrect, perhaps we should give the author some
feedback.

We all make mistakes, like my referring to class methods when I meant
instance methods.  But I didn't figure it was time to introduce class
methods, so I wasn't trying to make the distinction.  My error.

--

DaveA