On 01/13/2013 01:35 AM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 00:11:53  -0500, AK wrote:

>> I don't know what to call these, so for now I'll call them "training
>> text movies" until I come up with a better name..
>>
>> I hope these will be helpful, especially to new students of Python.
>>
>> http://lightbird.net/larks/tmovies.html
>

> For the benefit of those who don't have web access at the moment, or who
> don't like to click on random links they don't know anything about, would
> you like to say a few words describing what "text movies" are, and how
> you think these may be helpful?

Sure: they play back a list of instructions on use of string methods and
list comprehensions along with demonstration in a mock-up of the
interpreter with a different display effect for commands typed into (and
printed out by) the interpeter. The speed can be changed and the
playback can be paused.

 - mitya