On Sat, 15 Jun 2013 03:31:12 +1000
Chris Angelico <ros...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 3:13 AM, D'Arcy J.M. Cain <da...@druid.net>
> wrote:
> > I have suggested this before but the push back I get is that then
> > people would get two copies of the email, one to them and one to the
> > list.  My answer is simple.  Get a proper email system that filters
> > out duplicates.  Is there an email client out there that does not
> > have this facility?
>
> The main downside to that is not the first response, to
> somebody@somewhere and python-list, but the subsequent ones. Do you
> include everyone's addresses? And if so, how do they then get off the

No, I think Ccing the From is enough.  Other than the OP who is already
*plonked* replies to the replies tend to have at least a modicum of
information.

> I prefer to simply mail the list. You should be able to mute entire
> threads, and he doesn't start more than a couple a day usually.

But then I have to deal with each thread.  I don't want to deal with
them at all.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <da...@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves
+1 416 788 2246     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.