On 07/12/2013 10:18 AM, Νικόλας wrote:
Hello, iam still looking for a way to identify the city of my website
visitors.

   <SNIP>

I cant even import the module even though my 'pip install geopip2' wa
successful

Either it wasn't successful, or it's not the package you thought. There are lots of things you might have downloaded, but since you give no details...

There is definately i way to identify the users location based solely on
its ip address as this site does it: http://www.geoiptool.com/

Sure, and as long as you don't mind it being 1000 miles off, you too can claim to do it too. When I go to that site, the little pin is in Kansas, which is 1100 miles from where I live on the east coast of the US.

Google, MS, facebook and twitter are not the only ones that can do it?

Perhaps this is being done by giving  longitude and latitude?

Or by reading the mind of the programmer.

I suggest you read that geoiptool site, in particular the page

http://www.geoiptool.com/en/ip_info/

There is some misinformation, but notice carefully the part about dynamic IP addresses. Probably 99% of the individual users on the web (the ones using a browser) have dynamic IP addresses. The fixed ones are needed by servers, and especially for DNS use, where the name lookup wants to be stable for relatively log periods of time.

--
DaveA