On 14/11/2013 13:53, Verde Denim wrote:
I got an odd message this morning from the list telling me that my
account was de-activated due to excessive bounces. I've only sent a
handful of messages to this board, but do read an awful lot of the posts
in order to learn more about the language. The message also listed my
account password, which I found odd. Has anyone else received a message
like this?

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with spam filtering.

If you're using a spam filter (it might be offered as a feature by your
ISP) that bounces instead of just deleting, and the spam looks like it
comes from or through the list, then the list would receive those
bounces without you being aware of it.