On 11/14/2013 9:26 AM, Tim Golden wrote:
On 14/11/2013 13:53, Verde Denim wrote:
I got an odd message this morning from the list telling me that my
account was de-activated due to excessive bounces. I've only sent a
handful of messages to this board, but do read an awful lot of the posts
in order to learn more about the language. The message also listed my
account password, which I found odd. Has anyone else received a message
like this?

I can confirm that your account has been suspended because bounces. That
is: as a moderator, I can view your record in the interface and see that
it has been tagged as such. I can't tell you any more, I'm afraid; I've
just emailed the other list owners to see if someone has a handle on why
this has happened to a number of @gmail.com users today.

It has since been discovered and announced elsewhere on this list that the problem was a post 'from' unknown.org which google rejected.

--
Terry Jan Reedy