On 03/12/2013 04:32, Grant Edwards wrote:
On 2013-12-03, Roy Smith <r...@panix.com> wrote:

"I believe that Pythonistas should commit themselves to achieving the
goal, before this decade is out, of making Python 3 the default version
and having everybody be cool with unicode."

I'm cool with Unicode as long as it "just works" without me ever
having to understand it and I can interact effortlessly with plain old
ASCII files.  Evertime I start to read anything about Unicode with any
technical detail at all, I start to get dizzy and bleed from the ears.

I'm pleased to see that I'm not the only one who suffers in this way :)

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence