On 12/10/2013 6:35 AM, shankha wrote:
I wish to make contribution to Python source code. I have studied the
developers guide and made myself familiar with mercurial. I wish to
start of with some doc bugs as this will give me insight into
how the whole process(review, tests, patches) works. Is it okay if to take:

http://bugs.python.org/issue19940.

Follow the suggestion to join the core-mentorship list. I will just add here that issues are 'assigned' for review and commitment to one of the core developers with commit rights to the python.org repository. Anyone can submit a patch to the tracker. It is ok to post that you are working on an issue, if indeed you are. Perhaps about half the commits involve contributions from non-core developers.

--
Terry Jan Reedy