On 20/12/2013 17:10, rusi wrote:
On Friday, December 20, 2013 9:30:22 PM UTC+5:30, Mark Lawrence wrote:
On 20/12/2013 15:34, rusi wrote:
On Friday, December 20, 2013 8:46:31 PM UTC+5:30, dec...@msn.com wrote:
y = raw_input('Enter a number:')
print type y
y = float(raw_input('Enter a number:'))
print type y
I'm assuming that y is an object. I'm also assuming that the second and the
first y are different objects because they have different types.
You are also assuming that the two horizontal lines sometimes called 'equals'
have something to do with something called by the same name in math -- equations

A good point.  Shall I write a PEP asking for a language change which
requires that that stupid = sign is replaced by a keyword reading
something like
thenameonthelefthandsideisassignedtheobjectontherighthandside ?

Good idea. Only you were beaten to it by about 2 decades.

I can't find a PEP suggesting this, can you give me the number please?

The language ABC calls it 'put' and corrects the unnecessary gratuitous
right to left order.

So does it go top to bottom or bottom to top? Or to really clarify things does it have putlr, putrl, puttb and putbt?

Reference
http://homepages.cwi.nl/~steven/abc/qr.html#COMMANDS

Examples
http://homepages.cwi.nl/~steven/abc/types.html

And what does that have to do with python?
http://www.onlamp.com/lpt/a/2431

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence