On 23 December 2013 20:53, Terry Reedy <tjre...@udel.edu> wrote:
> On 12/23/2013 2:05 PM, wxjmfa...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Le lundi 23 décembre 2013 18:59:41 UTC+1, Wolfgang Keller a écrit :
>>>
>>> [me]

>>> And that's a really good thing.
>
>> Memory? Let me laugh!
>
> [snip repeated (for about the 5th time) posting of single character memory
> sizes]
>
> Jim, since I know you are smart enough to know the different between a small
> fixed size and a continuous leak, I can only think that the purpose of your
> repeated post was to get similarly a inane response from a couple of other
> people. That is the definition of trolling. It is disrespectful of others
> and in my opinion is a violation of the Python Code of Conduct, which *does*
> apply to python-list. Please desist.

Agreed;
It's also a shame that it's so easy for such diversions to snowball so
often, and thus derail so many threads. Sometimes I feel that we have
so much trolling on this list because we're easy targets.

Nonetheless, I join in to ask jmf to stop posting these threads as
they do cause harm to the community. If you do not, I would rather
some form of moderating be applied.

A thanks to everyone who hasn't been so easily caught up in this malarky.