On Feb 8, 2014, at 5:56 PM, Chris Angelico <ros...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Carry on with that method - work out the number of minutes, and then
> the "hours_etc" which has the rest. Then do the same to split off
> hours, and then days. See how you go!

I did it similar to that but I went backwards.  I started with number of weeks
and went down to seconds remaining.  Would the result still be the same if the
order of the code went the other way (i.e.. from minutes to weeks instead of
the way I did it from weeks to seconds)?

> [1] For the purposes of this exercise, I'm pretending that this is
> Unix time and has no leap seconds. Technically, when you write out
> HH:MM:SS, the HH field can go from 00 to 23, the MM field can go from
> 00 to 59, and the SS field can go from 00 to 61 - yes, it's possible
> to have *two* consecutive leap seconds, although this has never yet
> happened. But for this, we're working in a system that has seconds
> going from 00 to 59

I honestly do not know what leap seconds are but I’ll take your word for it.
lol

Thanks again!!!

Scott