On 02/08/2014 05:21 PM, Scott W Dunning wrote:
I figured it out!  Thanks Chris!  Taking it one step at a time with the five
digit number really helped me to see how to break it all up!  Are you a
teacher?  I appreciate the help and the patients!  I like that you don’t just
give me the answer that you break it down and help me so that I can figure it
out on my own!  Thanks to all of you for all of your help, you guys are helping
me a lot and I really appreciate it!

Here is how I did it if you’re curious.….

seconds = raw_input("Enter the number of seconds:")
seconds = int(seconds)
<snip>

One very trivial nit... Add one or two spaces at the end of your prompt string. Simply as a matter of aesthetics--it looks nicer if your input doesn't butt up solidly against the prompt.
(Personally, I like two spaces, but YMMV...)    ;-)

Of course, this is just for the appearance, it makes absolutely no difference
in your results.

     -=- Larry -=-