"Walter Hughey" <wkhug...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you for your reply. One quick question, when
I reply should it be replay to all or to the person who sent the emial?

When replying, the most important thing to remember is... order.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Get the picture now newcomer?

--gv

------ this crap came from you ---------

Apple does install a version of Python, normally a somewhat older version. My computer has 2.5 and 2.6 installed and I have opened it and inserted code that works. I do need a way to write the code, test it, and then save a copy to turn in for the assignment. I was not aware that a normal text editor would work. I shall definitely look at that later today.

Walter
----- Original Message -----

From: "Rustom Mody" <rustompm...@gmail.com>
To: python-list@python.org
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2014 11:07:14 AM
Subject: Re: Newcomer Help

On Monday, February 10, 2014 9:40:22 PM UTC+5:30, Walter Hughey wrote:
I am new to Python programming, actually new to any programming language. I sent the email below to the "python...@python.org a few days ago. So far I have not seen a reply, actually, I have not seen anything from pythonmac in any emails although I am supposed to be a member.

I don't know if I am sending these to the correct place or if I am not receiving emails from the pythonmac list. I would appreciate any assistance either in how do I get to the pythonmac list or answers to the issue below. I went to the pythonmac list because I am trying to run Python 3.3 on a Mac computer.

Thank you,

Walter