________________________________

Ooops, sorry. Below is the email again, hopefully more readable.

One more thing (so this is not entirely a double post!). While reading these
books I found that the authors were pretty religious about Clean Commits. I
mean, ok, it's not a good idea to do one huge monolithic commit each month, but
I felt they were exaggerating. But maybe I'm wrong and clean commits become
more important when the number of collaborators get bigger. It's just so easy
to fix something, and e.g. correct that typo in a docstring while you're at it.

regards,
Albert-Jan

Hi,

I can recommend the book "Pragmatic Guide to Git". Very practical and to the
point:

http://www.amazon.com/Pragmatic-Guide-Git-Programmers/dp/1934356727/ref=sr_1_1/184-0142481-0484062?ie=UTF8&qid=1395518159&sr=8-1&keywords=pragmatic+guide+to+git

I addition, I read a big fat super-exhaustive book, I believe it' s this one
(there are two Git books with a bat!):

http://www.amazon.com/Version-Control-Git-collaborative-development/dp/1449316387/ref=sr_1_2/184-0142481-0484062?ie=UTF8&qid=1395518159&sr=8-2&keywords=pragmatic+guide+to+git

The former is for common tasks that are not common enough to remember right
away. The latter is for reference.

I only have experience with git and subversion. I like git much better. But any
SCM is better than none at all.

 Regards,

Albert-Jan