On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 17:29:54 +0100, Chris Angelico <ros...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 3:20 AM, Rustom Mody <rustompm...@gmail.com> wrote:
On the whole I prefer multiple assignments.
Maybe in this case use small variable names with
separate(d) explanatory comments??

Shorter variable names would certainly be the more normal, heh. I let
my brother do that part of the typing, picking names and so on. Better
for teaching to let the victi-- err, the student have the power to
choose. :)

Not just more normal, but more readable too. The trouble with your original example was that the lines were too long (even ignoring the trouble line-wrapping caused in your post) to take in with only a couple of eye movements along the line. That makes a really quite surprising difference to the comprehensibility of the whole thing.