On 4/04/2014 2:38 AM, Mark H Harris wrote:
If I speak of the python community, and I rarely do

Maybe you speak "of" them rarely but you claim to speak "for" them fairly often.

    Python3 is not perfect; but python3 is *way* more consistent than
python2 and consequently *way* more useful than python2.

It's possible for something to become "more useful" and for the original to *also* be useful: Py2 old-style classes were useful even though new-style classes were more so. Plone uses Py2's unicode extensively and at no point have I thought it "useless".