On 4/30/14 10:56 PM, Paul Rubin wrote:

There is a nice Javascript simulation of the N4-ES here:

http://www.antiquark.com/sliderule/sim/n4es/virtual-n4es.html

Thank you!

The N4-ES and the N4-T (mine) are essentially the same rule. The N4-ES on the site is yellow (mine is white) and the site rule indicates Picket & Eckel Inc. (that's where the E comes from) Also the the ES states Chicage Ill USA where the T states Made in USA.

The only technical difference is the T scale (which is folded-expanded on both). On the ES the T scale is listed only once in the margin. On the N4-T the T scale is listed 'twice'!-- once for each part of the fold. Well, that gives (2) scales instead of one --for T... increasing the number of scales on the rule from 34 to 35... if I'm counting right. Which makes the N4-T more valuable... supposedly. I don't plan are parting with it... till I croak, then my son (who is studying engineering this fall) will inherit it... heh he won't have a clue what to do with it !

The simulated rule on the site above is fabulous... especially if viewed from a large wide LED. ... simply fabulouso/ :)

marcus