On 2014-05-26, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 26 May 2014 19:00:11 +0200, Johannes Bauer <dfnsonfsdu...@gmx.de>
> declaimed the following:
>

>>Now let's all code Itanium assembler, yes?
>
> Naw... Let's beg Intel to bring back the iAPX-432, and beg AdaCore to
> port GNAT to it.

When the '432 datasheets came out, everybody thought it was pretty
cool.  Turns out it just didn't "go".  So, Intel lowered its sights
and concentrated on the 8086 family, and we all suffered for the next
few decades as a result...

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I smell like a wet
                                  at               reducing clinic on Columbus