On 20/06/2014 14:16, Sturla Molden wrote:
Nicholas Cannon <nicholascann...@gmail.com> wrote:

Guys i am only a beginner at python most of the stuff you are saying i
need to do i dont understand.

Then listen and try to learn :-)

But don't use try/except everywhere! Some exceptions might be due to an
error in your own code, i.e. not in the user input. Those errors you should
not silence, but let your program crash and abort. Then you will know there
is an error in your code. That is what an unhandled exception will do, and
in addition it will tell you where the error is and what it is, so just
leave those exceptions unhandled.

For the OP a very important rule of thumb is never use a bare except, so this is right out.

try:
    doSomething()
except:
    WTF()

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---
is active.