On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 11:59 PM, Fabien <fabien.mauss...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> thanks for the hint. Indeed they are not an instance of the same class:

> Out[6]: False
> Out[7]: True
>
> so this is something I should check with the NetCDF4 package developers.
>
> While The python interpreter can compare them, my pydev environment can't.
> Is pydev doing something "better" then python3 "alone"?

Here's what I'd try:

>>> import sys
>>> sys.modules[d1.__class__.__module__].__file__
>>> sys.modules[d2.__class__.__module__].__file__

Do those in both environments and see where things are actually coming
from. (In PyDev, I expect that to tell you exactly the same file names
as your question-mark inspection tells you, as that'll be how it
obtains the information.) It might be that your module search path is
different.

ChrisA