On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 12:55 AM,  <icefap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, just wanting to do a shot in the dark,but maybe this syntax is Pythonic
> (in a "we-are-all-grown-ups" fashion, ahem)enough to get its way into the
> language
> this is what yours truly thinks: don't we all know that ":" means the next
> token must be an indent (mostly)? and doesn't the "(" and its alikes, [ and }
> begin an space-insensitive lexing context? so all we need is having an
> "space-sensitivity-stack" and the corresponding "(" counting stack and this
> way we could match opening and closing "()" and pop the
> space-sensitivity-stack whenever the "(" counting stack gets a 0 at the top:

Please don't add multiline lambdas to Python.

Multiline lambdas give rise (in a big way) to the
computer-language-equivalent of run-on sentences.

If anything, I'd suggest removing single-line lambdas.  List
comprehensions and generator expressions render single-line lambdas
almost entirely redundant; they're too TMTOWTDI.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run-on_sentence
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There's_more_than_one_way_to_do_it