On 22/01/2015 08:24, Rick Johnson wrote:

Yes, YES, *YES*!!!! That would be my first choice, or
docstrings as a secondary. But to introduce new syntax
into the method signatures is SUICIDE! What the hell is
this man thinking?

I take it you mean these men Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org>, Jukka Lehtosalo <jukka.lehtosalo at iki.fi>, Ɓukasz Langa <lukasz at langa.pl> as they are the authors of PEP484?

Agreed. I'm not against the idea, heck, i want to see Python
improve just like anybody who loves this language, but the
implementation just plain sucks! Please convince GvR to move
this noisy syntax OUTSIDE of the signature! It's too noisy
and its going to turn people off.

What implementation? The PEP is quite clearly marked as draft. The Re-enactment of the Battle of Pearl Harbour is currently ongoing over on python-ideas regarding exactly what should be implemented. There is also nothing to stop you writing another PEP with an alternative proposal, although I suspect there is as much chance of that ever happening as there is of ever seeing RickedPython(3).

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence