I am mostly getting positive feedback for Python.

It seems Python is used more for web based applications. Is it equally fine for
creating stand-alone *.exe's? Can the same code be compiled to run on Linux or
Android or web-based?

Is it possible to create GUI elements with a good IDE? Can they be defined like
in Visual Basic with given sizes, fonts, visible/invisible, etc.?

Is it easy to do matrix operations in Python? Or do I need to write subroutines
like in Visual Basic?

Could someone kindly tell me advantages and disadvantages of Python? Or any
better options? I have like 40-50 VB Forms and may be around 20000 lines of
code. It will be a task to learn a new language and translate/re-write that
code.

Thanks for your responses.