Almost everything points positively for Python. Thanks to all of you who have
responded. But please also tell me the disadvantages of Python. If I start
using Python, I should be aware of the price I am paying. Speed is not a big
problem for me, so an interpreted language is fine. Is packaging/installing
very messy? Do I create dozens of files for a simple program calculating the
sum of two numbers and product of two numbers in text boxes with one command to
be clicked? Can I learn this much in the first couple of hours?