On 04/03/2016 21:14, sohcahto...@gmail.com wrote:
On Friday, March 4, 2016 at 6:03:48 AM UTC-8, alister wrote:
On Fri, 04 Mar 2016 10:12:58 +0000, cl wrote:

Steven D'Aprano <st...@pearwood.info> wrote:
On Fri, 4 Mar 2016 12:23 pm, INADA Naoki wrote:

Indeed. I don't understand why, when splitting a condition such as
this,
people tend to put the operator at the end of each line.

Because PEP8 says:

The preferred place to break around a binary operator is after the
operator, not before it. http://pep8.org/#maximum-line-length

PEP 8 is wrong :-)

Yes, I agree.  In my mind the logic is:-

     IF xxx
         AND yyy AND zzz OR aaa
     THEN do something

The PEP8 correct(er):-

     IF xxx AND
          yyy AND zzz OR aaa
     THEN do something

... just seems all wrong and difficult to understand.

not at all
the split after the operator shows that their is more to that line
splitting before & the reader could believe that the condition ends there

PEP 8 is mos definitely correct on this one

--
According to all the latest reports, there was no truth in any of the
earlier reports.

I wouldn't call PEP 8 "correct".  I would say that you just simply agree with
PEP 8's suggestion.

You guys are spending way too much time fighting over something that is clearly
subjective.  Nobody is "correct" here.  There's no right and wrong, just simple
preference.

+1

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence