On 10Feb2017 11:54, Andreas Paeffgen <oege...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for all the great advice.
I tested all the possibilities. So far no luck. If i start the app from a terminal, the solutions work. But not, if i start the app-bundle (There is no connection to a terminal)

1. Copied the path to p.subprocess
2. Used the def wich: python function
3. Used shutil

When there is no Terminal, there is no error message / status code message.

Please show us you code containing the status code check.

I would do some debugging inside the function. Consider writing to a special purpose log file, for example like this:

 def your_function(.......):
   with open('/path/to/your/logfile.txt', 'a') as logfp:
     print("PATH=".os.environ['PATH'], file=logfp)
     p=Popen(.......)
     p.communicate(...)
     print("p.returncode=%r" % (p.returncode))

and any other interesting values that occur to you. This is really simple, and doesn't require a terminal or using the logging module.

You can 'tail -f /path/to/your/logfile.txt' in another terminal to watch stuff happen as you exercise the program.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au>