On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 11:44 PM, Paul Rubin <no.email@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

> Chris Angelico <ros...@gmail.com> writes:
> > Why? Unless they're going to be maintaining a Py2 codebase, why should
> > they learn the older version with less features?
>
> Are there actually Py3 codebases?  I guess there must be, even though
> I've never seen one.  Every Python codebase of any size that I know of
> is Py2.  So yes, of course they're working on a Py2 codebase.  That's
> the only kind there is, as far as I know.
> --

This is Zed Shaw levels of willful ignorance here.

The codebase I work on at my job is entirely Python 3.

I'm sure the same is true for anyone building a new piece of software with
Python since at least 2015.

Not everyone gets paid to maintain legacy software in "enterprise"
corporations. Some
of us are contractors or work for startups.