Steve D'Aprano schreef op 17/09/2017 3:09:
On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 04:00 am, Stefan Ram wrote:

Steve D'Aprano <steve+pyt...@pearwood.info> writes:
"Hi, I've been programming in Python for what seems like days now, and here's
all the things that you guys are doing wrong.
  I never ever have written a line of Python 2. I started with
  Python 3.6.0. Yet a very frequent mistake of mine is the
  imission of parentheses after »print«.

That's remarkable.

Do you also forget the parentheses around `len`, and `iter`, and `math.sin()`?
If not, what's so special about print?

I don't know, but I also frequently forget the parentheses around `print`. I do have Python 2 experience so maybe it's just a habit that I've been unable to grow out of yet. OTOH I also regulary use `printf()` and friends in C and C++ and sometimes even PHP, and there I never forget the parentheses. I don't know how, I don't know why, it just happens.

--
The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge
faster than society gathers wisdom.

Roel Schroeven