On 7 November 2017 at 11:16, Chris Angelico <ros...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the FUD. I love it when someone, on the basis of one failed
> experiment, trash-talks an excellent piece of software that would
> solve the OP's problem.

It *is* true that the learning curve for Cython is steeper than that
of ctypes. But for anything more complex than simple "call a function
with no arguments", ctypes rapidly gets fairly complex and messy - and
the docs are not exactly the best. At that point, investing the time
in learning how to use Cython definitely pays off.

Another option for the OP is cffi, which might offer a middle ground
(in terms of complexity vs power - it's hard to objectively assess
"complexity" without knowing the audience's background).

Paul