Gisle Vanem <gisle.va...@gmail.com> writes:

> python.exe -c "import life; print(life.life())"
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'life'
>
> Can you give a hint?

I tried with Python 2, and the same recipe works for me, on GNU/Linux:

$ python -c "import life; print life.life()"
42

I'm sorry, but I have no opportunity to try on a M$Windows system.

Anyway, is your interpreter able to load the extension module produced by the
"setup.py build_ext" step?

On my PC, I get the following, using the "-v" option to verbosely see the
imported modules:

$ $ python -v
# installing zipimport hook
import zipimport # builtin
# installed zipimport hook
>>> import life
dlopen("./life.so", 2);
import life # dynamically loaded from life.so
>>> dir(life)
['__builtins__', '__doc__', '__file__', '__name__', '__package__', '__test__',
'life']

Can you try to import the "life" module and print its "dir()" to see the
symbols it exposes?

ciao, lele.
l...@metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.