On 2018-05-22, Peter J. Holzer <hjp-pyt...@hjp.at> wrote:
> On 2018-05-21 15:42:28 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
>> I switched from Usenet to Gmane mainly because references headers are
>> bit more consistent on Gmane, so threading works somewhat better.
>
> This is interesting, because Gmane was the reason I switched from
> reading on usenet to reading the mailinglist: Every article coming
> through the Gmane gateway had broken headers, which completely messed up
> threading (It looked like Gmane was replacing Message-Ids with their
> own). I haven't checked recently whether that is still the case.
>
> On the mailing-list threading seems to work.

I've never tried reading the mailing list directly (I'm not willing to
give up slrn), but the last time I ran NNTP threading tests (I refuse
to admin how much time I spent writing a Python app to do that), My
Usenet feed was noticably worse than Gmane.  Gmane had a fair amount
of breakage as well, but was better than Usenet.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Did YOU find a
                                  at               DIGITAL WATCH in YOUR box