So, on Unix I would use

Image.show(title=None, nameofdisplayutilty), or Image.show(title=None, scriptname) #where script with name scriptname invokes the program

I will try this now! And thank you.

On 26/05/2018 19:30, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
On Sat, 26 May 2018 17:17:42 +0200, Paul St George <em...@paulstgeorge.com>
declaimed the following:

And, out of curiosity, as I will probably use a different method - how
do I find out what commands can be used as parameters for show()? I read
the docs at
<https://pillow.readthedocs.io/en/5.1.x/reference/Image.html#PIL.Image.Image.show>,
but I am none the wiser.

        AS the examples ("On OS-of-choice...") illustrate... command is any
external executable program that can handle the temporary file, I presume
using the name of the temporary and not via redirection of stdin... If you
have a hex-editor, you could even supply that as "command". If you need to
provide more than the program name, you may have to instead create a
shell-script, set it executable, and pass the script name -- have the
script then invoke the program with the options and forwarding the
temporary file name to it.

--
Paul St George
http://www.paulstgeorge.com