On 11Jun2018 11:54, Tamara Berger <brg...@gmail.com> wrote:
I did subscribe to the mailing list, but it opened the floodgates to a
torrent of irrelevant emails. I didn't know how to turn the flood off,
so I unsubscribed. How do I set the appropriate option?

My personal approach is to add a filter for list messages as soon as they start to arrive. I suggested using GMail's "Filter messages like this" action (under the "More" button up the top) to:

- skip the inbox (removes the flood from your inbox)
- add the label Python (or python-list or whatever you like)

This is getting off topic for Python; we should take this off-list to personal email if you agree.

I was just going to post another message to google groups. If you
don't mind, I'll ask you now.

This question wants a separate thread of its own with a distinct subject line. That way people ignoring the current thread (google/groups/email) can see it and respond.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au>