On 8/19/20 2:55 AM, J. Pic wrote:

[...] but still, I
don't understand how this sentence (changed by the patch):

When writing English, follow Strunk and White.

Does "uphold relics of white supremacy" (as per the commit message).

Thanks in advance for your simple explanation (I'm not a native
english speaker).

The purported issue is that Strunk and White itself is doing the upholding.

For example, on a slightly different topic, earlier versions of S&W were sexist: the examples of men used positive words, while the examples of women used negative and subservient words.

I have not read S&W myself, and my requests for WS examples have gone unanswered, so I do not know about the WS aspect.

--
~Ethan~