On 11/5/23 05:32, D'Arcy Cain via Python-list wrote:
On 2023-11-05 00:39, Grant Edwards via Python-list wrote:
Definitely. Syntactic e-mail address "validation" is one of the most
useless and widely broken things on the Interwebs.  People who do
anything other than require an '@' (and optionally make you enter the
same @-containing string twice) are deluding themselves.

And don't get me started on phone number validation.  The most annoying thing to me, though, is sites that reject names that have an apostrophe in them.  I hate being told that my name, that I have been using for over seventy years, is invalid.

OK, now that I am started, what else?  Oh yah.  Look at your credit card.  The number has spaces in it.  Why do I have to remove them.  If you don't like them then you are a computer, just remove them.

When do we stop working for computers and have the computers start working for us?

If this is being voted on, pretend you are in Georgia, vote often and early. Best question of the century.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis