I'm battling to understand this. I am switching to python while in a
production environment so I am tossed into the deep end. Python seems
easier to learn than other languages, but some of the conventions still
trip me up. Thanks for the link - I'll have to go through all the
previous chapters to understand this one though...

I suppose very few books on python start off with HTML processing in
stead of 'hello world' :p

Could you give me an example of how to use it to extract basic
information from the web page? I need a bit of a hit-the-ground-running
approach to python. You'll see that the data in my example isn't
encapsulated in tags - is there still an easy way to extract it using
the parser module?

Thanks