Fred wrote:
> Slackware Linux 10.2

Heh, Slackware was my first Linux distro. Version
2.2 I think. 1993 maybe?

> Everything worked great up to this error when trying to load the
> webpage:
> "ImportError: No module name MySQLdb"

Some suggestions:

Start python interactively and try "import MySQLdb".
Stuff in a subdirectory to site-packages are normally
available. If this doesn't work, it seems something
is fishy with your MySQLdb install, provided you
are using it right. There might be an __init__.py
missing or something, but this is a mature product
which ought to have a stable install procedure.

If things work interactively, but not in the CGI
script, you might want to add

import sys
print sys.path

to your CGI script and see what that gives you.

Finally, the cgitb module is pretty useful. I
suggest that you look it up:
http://docs.python.org/lib/module-cgitb.html