Luciano, it's very good that aiohttp is not a part of CPython.

It allows me to develop and release the library much faster than CPython is
released.
aiohttp public API is changing relative fast. We keep backward
compatibility for at least one year (with deprecation process, sure) but
it's still too fast for CPython itself.

I doubt if standard library will have http server sometimes. Think about
requests library which lives very happy as separate library available on
PyPI (as well as aiohttp BTW).

--
Thanks,
Andrew Svetlov