On 09/18/2016 08:03 AM, Amir Teymuri wrote:

> My default python version on my Debian 8.5 machine is *3.4.2*. I want to
> use python *2.7* for only one project. I have tried running all of the
> following commands in the terminal one by one, :
>
> virtualenv -p python2.7 env_dir
> virtualenv -p python2 env_dir
> virtualenv --python=python2.7 env_dir
>
> And this is the file.py inside the env_dir:
>
> print "Hello world from inside env_dir"
>
> Obviously however the file.py still gets executed with python3.4.2, because
> i run:
>
> python file.py
>
> and i get:
>
>       File "file.py", line 1
>     print "Hello world from inside env_dir"
>                                       ^SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in
> call to 'print'
>
> What is the problem, why it fails to run the code in python2.7?

I can't reproduce here:

--------------------------- %< -----------------------------
$ /opt/Python-3.4.3/bin/virtualenv -p python2.7 /tmp/foobar
Running virtualenv with interpreter /home/tseaver/bin/python2.7
New python executable in /tmp/foobar/bin/python2.7
Also creating executable in /tmp/foobar/bin/python
Installing setuptools, pip.../done.
$ /tmp/foobar/bin/python
Python 2.7.11 (default, Feb 22 2016, 07:44:44)
[GCC 4.8.4] on linux2

Do you have a version of `python2.7` available on the machine?

Tres.