On 11 August 2017 at 16:06,  <j...@barrockproperties.com> wrote:
> I just installed virtualenv and am getting an error trying to create an
> environment.  Based on some print statements I added, sys.prefix seems to be
> getting lowercased somewhere within virtualenv.exe, before runpy.py starts.
> And that leads to an error in change_prefix.
>
> I can't figure out what's going on inside virtualenv.exe, so this was as far
> as I was able to debug it.  Any advice?
>

> C:\Users\Jim>mkvirtualenv lob
>
> mkvirtualenv.bat about to call virtualenv.exe, sys.prefix =
> C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36
> _run_module_as_main entered, sys.prefix =
> c:\users\jim\appdata\local\programs\python\python36

This isn't something I've encountered, but having said that I don't
use "mkvirtualenv.bat" - which is not something that comes with
virtualenv. Presumably you got it from some other package? It looks
like it might be from a Windows port of virtualenvwrapper. I suspect
the problem is in there, and you'd do better reporting the issue to
the author of that package.

Alternatively, if you can reproduce the problem just using virtualenv
itself ("virtualenv env_name") then post that output.

Paul