Well, all I can say is that it doesn't do this for me:

>virtualenv.exe xxx
Using base prefix
'c:\\users\\gustav\\appdata\\local\\programs\\python\\python36'
New python executable in C:\Work\Scratch\xxx\Scripts\python.exe
Installing setuptools, pip, wheel...done.

Yes, the base prefix is lowercased, as you can see, but it doesn't
cause any issues.

It's difficult to know what might be going on here. I assume it's the
standard Windows build of Python from python.org, and that you're
using a standard NTFS filesystem (you don't have a case sensitive
filesystem for your home directory, do you?)

Sorry I can't offer more help...
Paul