On 6/9/2010 7:50 PM, sacaquija wrote:
> Hi, I´m trying to do a path logger (Navigation logger) in Python, the thing
> that I need is that the program can get the paths that de user is accesing
> in real time, for example:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\
> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\
> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\
> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\archivos\
> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Freescale ZeD 1.1.0.lnk
> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Freescale BeeKit.lnk
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\PowerISO.lnk
>
> Someone knows how I can do this? I read and used the library pyhook, because
> I think that I need hooks, specially the WH_GETMESSAGE but pyhook doesn't
> use it and doesn't give the path only things like the Message, the time, the
> name of the window, etc.

I'm not sure I understand your requirement.  Are you trying to track
every directory and every file that the user accesses, in every program
that's currently running?  There are no hooks that implement that kind
of thing.  The performance hit would be disastrous.  That requires a
kernel-mode file system filter driver, which is an enormously
complicated beast that absolutely cannot be written in Python.